'Winter in the Woods' Widow Maker Turquoise Necklace
About the Piece
This necklace features a rare, exquisite, Widow Maker Turquoise cabochon that I have had stashed in my gem collection for years. It is embellished with a woodsy branch design featuring small branches that were casted from real little twigs. The pendant hangs from an oxidized silver chain.
- Materials: Widow Maker Turquoise (Nevada), and .925 sterling silver
- One of a kind piece of art
- Handmade in my tiny, mobile, studio in northern Washington
- Pendant: 1 ¾” long by 1” wide
- Chain: 18”
- Secured with a lobster clasp
- Jumped rings are soldered closed for extra protection
- Created with sustainably sourced gemstones and recycled metals
- Slightly matted finish
- All purchases come in a jewelry box made from recycled materials,wrapped in natural ribbon, and packaged in compostable mailing materials
A Note on this Stone
Widow Maker Turquoise is a very rare form of turquoise from a small boutique mine in northern Nevada. The mine received its name because it is located on a mountain at such a steep level that a miner could perish in digging for the turquoise. This is a rare and beautiful example of some of the best turquoise from Nevada.