Opalized Wood Shell Textured Earrings
About the Piece
When I saw these Opalized Wood Fossil cabochons I was completely captivated and knew I had to have them. They look exactly like a photo of beautiful ocean shore with waves crashing in the distance. Naturally I had to select them for my Azul Collection. The round cabochons are set in sterling silver and are embellished with an organic, natural texture that I created by molding shells I foraged on the beaches of Baja.
A Note on this Stone
Opalized wood is a type of Petrified (or fossilized) wood that has developed an opalescent sheen, or more rarely in which the wood has been completely replaced by opal.
- Materials: Opalized Wood Fossil and .925 sterling silver, and .999 fine silver
- One of a kind piece of art
- Handmade in my tiny studio, on the beaches of Baja California Sur, Mexico
- 1 ½" long by 1” wide
- Hangs from a sterling silver earwire
- Rest assured, ear wires are soldered closed for extra protection
- Created with sustainably sourced gemstones and recycled metals
- Slightly matted finish
- All purchases come in a jewelry box made from recycled materials and are wrapped in natural ribbon