Opalized Wood Necklace with Gold Prongs
About the Piece
This stone has been in my collection for years. I was awaiting the perfect use for it and this collection seemed fitting. I remember looking at it and immediately thinking it looked like a tiny painting of a jagged coastline with dark skies and heavy storms rolling in. When conceptualizing this piece I knew that I did not want to draw attention from this stunning Opalized Wood, so I kept it very simple. Choosing to keep the setting minimal, but adding 14 karat gold prong accents because the contrast was perfect against the blues, browns, and black hues of this stone. The pendant glides freely on an antiqued, adjustable, sterling silver rolo chain.
A Note on this Stone
Opalized wood is a type of Petrified (or fossilized) wood that has developed an opalescent sheen, or more rarely in which the wood has been completely replaced by opal.
- Materials: Opalized Wood (Indonesia), .925 sterling silver, and 14 karat gold
- One of a kind piece of art
- Handmade in my tiny studio, on the beaches of Baja California Sur, Mexico
- Pendant: 1” long by 1 ½” wide
- Chain: Adjustable 18”-20”
- Secured with a lobster clasp
- Rest assured, jump rings are soldered closed for extra security
- Created with sustainably sourced gemstones and recycled metals
- Slightly matted finish
- All purchases come in a jewelry box made from recycled materials and are wrapped in natural ribbon