Opalized Wood Earrings
About the Piece
When I saw these Opalized Wood Fossil cabochons I was completely captivated and knew I had to have them. They are reminiscent of beautiful little ocean landscapes, so naturally I selected them for my Azul Collection. I kept the design simple, so as to not draw attention from the beautiful stone, while also playing on the shape of the cabochons. Hanging from sterling silver earwires, this design is both elegant and sleek.
A Note on this Stone
Opalized wood is a type of Petrified (or fossilized) wood that has developed an opalescent sheen, or more rarely in which the wood has been completely replaced by opal.
- Materials: Opalized Wood Fossil (Indonesia) and .925 sterling silver
- One of a kind piece of art
- Handmade in my tiny studio, on the beaches of Baja California Sur, Mexico
- 2” long by ½” wide
- Hangs from a sterling silver earwire
- Rest assured, ear wires are soldered closed for extra protection
- Created with sustainably sourced gemstones and recycled metals
- Slightly matted finish
- All purchases come in a jewelry box made from recycled materials and are wrapped in natural ribbon