Malacholla "Gaia" Necklace
About the Piece
When I saw this stunning gemstone I was completely captivated. It is unlike anything I have seen before and I had to have it. Its global appearance fuses water and earth into one. The banding and coloring within the stone are very unique. With the intention to keep the focus on this stunning gemstone I kept the metalwork simple. A subtle line stamped texture surrounds this big bold Malacholla. The pendant hangs from an oval cable antiqued sterling silver chain and is adjustable between 18”-20”.
A Note on this Stone:
I hand selected this gem at the Tucson Gem and Mineral show this past February. I had never seen Malacholla before and was very drawn to this stunning mix of minerals. It is a combination of Malachite (the green banded portion) and Chrysocolla (the vibrant blue portion).
- Materials: Malacholla, and .925 sterling silver
- One of a kind piece of art
- Handmade in my tiny studio, on the beaches of Baja California Sur, Mexico
- Pendant: 1 ½” by 1 ½”
- Chain: Adjustable between 18”-20”
- Secured with a lobster clasp
- Rest assured, jump rings are soldered closed for extra security
- Created with sustainably sourced gemstones and recycled metals
- Slightly matted finish
- All purchases come in a jewelry box made from recycled materials and are wrapped in natural ribbon