Fossilized Coral Art Deco Necklace
About the Piece
This necklace features a uniquely patterned, round, fossilized coral cabochon. The coral features small cells of highly detailed patterns of tan and dark brown colors. The fossil is set in sterling silver, features a modern Art Deco design, and hangs from an adjustable, oxidized, silver rolo chain.
- Materials: Fossilized Coral and .925 sterling silver
- One of a kind piece of art
- Handmade in my tiny, mobile, studio in northern Washington
- Pendant:1 ½”” long by 1 ¼” wide
- Chain: 18-20”
- Secured with a lobster clasp
- Jumped rings are soldered closed for extra protection
- Created with sustainably sourced gemstones and recycled metals
- Slightly matted finish
- All purchases come in a jewelry box made from recycled materials,wrapped in natural ribbon, and packaged in compostable mailing materials
A Note on this Stone
Fossilized coral is a natural gemstone that is created when prehistoric coral is gradually replaced with agate. Corals are marine animals and it is their skeletons that are fossilized and preserved. The fossil coral forms through hardened deposits left by silica-rich waters. The entire process can take over 20 million years.